- General information
- 1. What does this Policy Cover?
- 2. What personal information do we collect and why?
- 3. How is the personal information collected?
- 4. How is the personal information disclosed?
- 5. Direct Marketing
- 6. Using our Website
- 7. Accuracy of personal information
- 8. How secure is your personal information?
- 9. Dealing with Unsolicited Information
- 10. Access to Personal Information
- 11. Anonymity when dealing with Clover3
- 12. Cross Boarder Disclosure
- 13. Sensitive Information
- 14. Further information
- 15. Contact Clover3
- name, title, age, address;
- telephone number;
- email address and online passwords;
- records of communications with Clover3
- financial information;
- website and service usage information.
Where you have applied for credit with Clover3 or you are completing an application for credit, Clover3 may also collect and hold various types of credit related information, including;
- that you have applied for commercial credit and the amount;
- that we and other credit providers are or have been a commercial credit provider to you;
- payments which become overdue more than 60 days and for which debt collection action has commenced;
- advice on payments being no longer overdue;
- advice that cheques drawn by you have been dishonoured more than once;
- in specified circumstances that in our opinion you have committed a serious credit infringement (that is, acted fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations);
- that commercial credit provided to you by us has been paid or otherwise discharged;
- scores, ratings, summaries, evaluations and other information relating to your credit worthiness, which is derived by us or by CRBs.
Clover3 collects the personal information it needs for the primary purpose of:
- general business operations including providing goods and services and information to customers and for its business operations, and which may be undertaken by third parties;
- entering into transactions with you;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquiries about our goods and services;
- assessment and analysis of its market, customers, products and services;
- maintain and develop its business systems;
- meeting Clover3's legal and regulatory requirements;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers);
- providing you with credit under any application by you for of commercial credit;
- assessing an application by you for commercial credit, or an entity associated with you;
- for administrative purposes in relation to the ongoing management of your credit arrangement; and
- to assist you to avoid defaulting on your credit-related obligations.
- where applicable, to participate in the credit reporting system and providing information to CRBs as permitted by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act.
Personal information is collected by lawful and fair means, and where possible, Clover3 will collect your personal information directly from you. Collection may also take place when you communicate with us, complete a credit account application form or an order for a product or when you request a product in person, over the telephone or via the internet.
Clover3 may also collect your personal information from other sources as permitted under the Privacy Act. For example we may collect information from CRBs where you request commercial credit or an increase in your credit limit.
Where you seek credit or deferred payment, we may also make enquiries with third parties with your consent. This could include persons nominated by you as trade references and your bankers.
In most cases Clover3 will ask for your permission to collect your information when we collect it, and take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of the likely use of the information. We will not collect personal information about you without your consent. You can give us your consent verbally or in writing.
Clover3 will only disclose your personal information in limited circumstances, including:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected such as those described above i.e. for our business operations, which includes, assessing a credit application form application by you for commercial credit;
- to other credit providers;
- to our related companies in order to provide you with the goods and services you have requested;
- to other third parties for the purposes of undertaking customer surveys and to check database integrity from time to time;
- to organisations that perform credit assessment, management and debt collection activities on our behalf;
- for direct marketing by Clover3 but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing.
Where the Privacy Act permits us to do so, we may also disclose the information to CRBs, if you apply for credit or an increase in your credit limit.
Where Clover3 collects personal information that we are likely to disclose to a CRB please note:
- the CRB may include that information in reports provided to Clover3 to assist it to assess your creditworthiness;
- if you fail to meet payment obligations in relation to commercial credit or commits a serious credit infringement, Clover3 may be entitled to disclose this to the CRB; and
Clover3 does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
We might from time to time, with your consent, use your personal information to provide you with information about the range of our products and services. At any time after you give us your consent to use your personal information, you can change your mind. You can tell us that you do not wish to have your information used as a basis for further contact with you. Clover3 will respect your wishes.
We will not use your information to send you any marketing not related to Clover3 and our activities.
As with most websites, when you visit the Website or use an application on the Website, Clover3 may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Cookies: Clover3 also uses 'cookies'. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Website, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Clover3 will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Clover3 recognises the need for information held on behalf of an individual to be accurate and therefore will allow access to the individual for the purposes of updating information held, or will update on behalf of the individual when that information is made available.
Clover3 regards the security of your personal information as a priority and will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is securely stored.
Clover3 protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
We remind you, however, that if you send information to our Website, the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
Clover3 takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
Clover3 acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them, and to have inaccurate information corrected.
Clover3 allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, only where practicable.
Any personal information provided to Clover3 may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, Clover3 may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal information. Your personal information may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of Australia in countries including the United States of America, who work for Clover3, or by the representatives and employees of Clover3's related companies.
Clover3 will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to Clover3, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
If you queries about this policy or would like further information about our privacy policies or practices, or would like to tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to contact you with information about products or services through any direct marketing methods such as an email newsletter, please contact:
Privacy Officer: Clover3 Pty Ltd (ACN 166 716 776)
Address: P.O Box 21 Artarmon NSW 1570
Last updated: 27 June 2014